Friday, May 8, 2009

Friday's rant(s) -- May 8, 2009

I got a couple of constituents who tell me that 140 is a magic number... well, I actually told myself. So, one of them said that I got 413 tweets (as of now), 263 friends, 145 followers, yadda, yadda, yadda. Um, yeah, did I not mention that it would've been 269 if it wasn't for several slowpokes. Not naming names.



Alright, all three of us (me actually) are fans of CNN International's 5pm EDT show BackStory (awesomest effing show ever), but one of my constituents (me actually) watched today's show, and it's all because one of the CNNers (Arwa Damon, who is part of my so-called faves list, and so is Christiane Amanpour, Nic Robertson, among others, but specifically Arwa Damon) taped a BackStory that included eating a grasshopper. I actually don't eat anything alive (is it dead?), but after we saw it, did we lose our appetites? No.



Actually, I would never eat anything alive (it's dead right?) because I'm too scared like that, but given all that she has done at CNN, a personal message to Arwa, I'm placing bets that she is definitely 1000% woman enough to not say "I ain't eating nothing alive (dead) after this." Note to self: Stops at 100. Shut up.



Moving on, on a more serious note, Bob Jordan (WFTV ND. I live in Central Florida BTW), said there will be a story on some guy in the area who starved himself just because DCF was too lazy to help out with his problems. Look, people, I understand that more people are losing out on their jobs and other "American Dream" elements these days, and because of that, we do need folks like DCF (or CPS in the other 49 states) to help out. But given the fact that more and more people sign up for food stamps, it's an overboard, and there is a good reason folks like DCF (or CPS in the 49 other states) are overworked, but we still need their assistance.

Finally, a tidbits (well, not really) -- Go Magic (beat the Celtics)

Find me at http://twitter.com/dezbee2008

No comments: